Physical Donation to the Library
The HSUHK Library is thankful for physical donation of gift books, audiovisual materials and other formats of materials in support of the library collection development, as well as the research, teaching and learning needs of the University.
- Donations may be accepted if their content is deemed suitable for the Library’s collection scope and are in reasonable and usable physical conditions.
- The Library maintains the right to determine the most appropriate treatment of the donated items.
- The Physical Donation Form is required to be completed to authorize the transfer of donations’ ownership to the Library.
- A list of the donation items is to be provided to the Library alongside the Physical Donation Form for preparation assessment.
Conditions of acceptance:
- Accept: The Library is responsible for determining the best use of staff resources, physical space, bibliographic access, and the most effective development of its collections. Therefore, gift may only be accepted under the following general criteria.
- Relevance to the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the University and the Library.
- Appropriateness of content, currency, and format regarding existing library collections.
- Physical condition.
- Recognition, rareness and uniqueness of the materials.
- Decline: Based on the criteria outline above, the following items will be considered inappropriate for the Library to accept.
- Duplicates of materials already in the collection.
- Items in poor conditions (e.g. defective, moldy, pages torn or missing, brittle paper, etc.).
- Photocopies or materials of dubious intellectual property ownership or infringement.
- Broken run of journals or magazines.
- Media in outdated or less commonly used formats.
- Material types such as textbooks, guides, newsletters, reports, bulletins, artifacts, etc. that have no direct relevance to the University
A letter of acknowledgement that includes a brief description of the gift will be issued to the donor in recognition of the kind gesture.
How to donate
To make a physical donation, please contact us at (852) 3963-5311 or email@example.com for enquiries. Thank you for your understanding that no walk-in donation can be accepted as a prior review of donation is necessary.
Personal Information Collection Statement
The personal data collected from you will be used for the purpose of providing library services. The provision of personal data is voluntary. However, failure to provide complete and accurate information will affect the provision of library services to you.
The personal data you provided may be disclosed to other departments/administrative offices within HSUHK, where applicable.
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and correction of the information contained in this form. If you wish to do so, please submit your request in writing to the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last Update: 5 September 2022