Group Discussion Rooms of various sizes on the G/F and 1/F of the Library are available for booking. Equipped with PCs and display devices, these rooms are ideal for collaborative study, group discussions and presentation preparation.
Postgraduate Study Room (A113), located on the 1/F of the Library, provides a purpose-built space for postgraduate students. Booking priority is given to postgraduate students for research collaborations, group discussions and research seminar preparation.
Group Viewing Room, located on the 2/F of the Library, is available for group viewing to multimedia resources. The room is equipped with 42″ LED TV, Blu-ray disc player (compatible with DVD, VCD and Audio CD) and comfortable sofa.
All HSUHK students
Room Booking Policy [Click Here to Book]
|Room Type||Group Discussion Rooms||Postgraduate Study Room||Group Viewing Room|
|Maximum Capacity||6 – 8 persons||14 persons||6 persons|
|Eligible Users||All Students|
|Advance Booking||2 days in advance||2 days in advance|
|Quota||2 hours within 1 day||2 hours within 1 day|
- All Rooms are for a minimum of two eligible users and a maximum capacity depending on the size of the room.
- Based on a unit of 30 minutes per time slot, which starts at 15 minutes and 45 minutes of each hour (e.g. 10:15 am and 10:45 am).
- Users should claim their bookings with their Student Identity Cards via the Library Rooms & Facilities Booking System located at the Service Counters (G/F and 1/F).
- Any room that is not claimed 15 minutes after the booking time will be made available to other users.
- Rooms that are not reserved will be made available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- By confirming the reservation, users agree that the room will be used by a group of two or more users.
- The Library reserves the right to ask a single occupant with or without confirmed reservations to vacate a room immediately for a group of two or more persons.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal belongings. Any items left unattended in the rooms at the end of reservation period shall be removed and placed as the lost and found items.
Last update: 19 February 2021