Space for All@HSUHK Library
To support the blended and interactive learning initiations of the University, the Space for All@HSUHK Library (Space4All) is purposefully designed to inspire creativity, reflection and exploration of learning and teaching for the students and staff of HSUHK.
Furniture and equipment in the Space4All are acquired to facilitate collaborative learning, knowledge sharing, academic events and meetings. Many activities including theme talks, academic presentations, poster-sessions, student work displays, reading club and screening activities can be conducted by making use of the online and interactive features of resources as well as movable furniture. Meanwhile, it can be used for study purpose during the revision and examination period.
All Library users can access to the Space4All when no reservation has been made.
Space for All@HSUHK Library is situated at G/F of the Library.
- All Library users are welcome to use Space for All@HSUHK Library.
- HSUHK staff and students are eligible to make reservation of the Space4All for the academic activities. See the guidelines below.
Space for All@HSUHK Library can be used when G/F of the Library is open. For special reservation, please contact the Service Counter on G/F.
Special reservation can be made for Space for All@HSUHK Library through the Service Counter on G/F. Please refer to the table below.
|Type||Space for All@HSUHK Library|
|Maximum Capacity||48 seats|
Time slots available
* Subject to Library opening hours
(1) 9 am – 11 am (for staff only)
(2) 5 pm – 7 pm (for all staff and students)
(3) 7 pm – 9 pm (for staff only)
|Reservation can be made||14 days to 1 day in advance||7 days to 1 day in advance|
Use of the Space for All@HSUHK Library
- The Space4All is used for the activities related to learning. It is suggested to reserve the Space4All in advance for interactive teaching, theme talks and other academic events that are related to teaching and learning activities.
- To facilitate venue setup for the activity, users should inform Library staff about the purpose of using the Space4All when reservation is made.
- Users should claim their bookings with their University Identity Cards at the Service Counter on G/F.
- The Space4All that is not claimed 15 minutes after the booking time will be released to other users.
- Any items left unattended in the Space4All at the end of reservation period shall be removed and placed as the lost and found items at the Service Counter on G/F. The Library is not responsible for the security of personal belongings.
- The Space4All will be changed to quiet study area during the revision and examination period.
- The Library reserves the right to make appropriate arrangement to fully utilize the Space4All.
Use of Equipment
- An interactive whiteboard and TV panel with computer are provided at the Space4All. All staff and students can borrow the remote control of the interactive whiteboard at the Service Counter on G/F for using the interactive whiteboard.
- To foster a quiet study environment, borrowing service of interactive whiteboard is suspended during the revision and examination period.
- The interactive whiteboard is available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Users have to present their valid University Identity Card in person at the Service Counter.
- Users are responsible to examine the condition of the interactive whiteboard and accessories before use. Any defects or malfunctions should be reported to the Service Counter once they are found.
- The interactive whiteboard must be used inside the Space4All and should not be moved to any other location.
- Users should return the remote control of the interactive whiteboard at the Service Counter in person.
- To prevent data loss and the protection of personal data, users should ensure to delete all documents after using the interactive whiteboard. The Library reserves the right to remove all the files within the whiteboard after returning.
- The remote control has to be returned 30 minutes before the Library is closed.
- NEVER leave the interactive whiteboard and accessories unattended.
- Do NOT install / remove / modify any hardware or software in the interactive whiteboard.
- Use the interactive whiteboard solely for academic or educational purposes.
- Observe copyright law when using copyright-protected files.
- Users are responsible for all consequences arising from inappropriate use of any copyright-protected files.
- The Library is not responsible for any leakage of personal data or data loss.
Remarks: The above guidelines are subject to revise by The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Library as appropriate without prior notice.
Last update: 19 February 2021