24 Hours Opening
Space4All is a place designated in the Library for 24 hours opening. Users can access the area and make use of facilities for collaborative learning, knowledge sharing, academic events and meetings etc. When the G/F of the Library is closed, users can enter the area via the side door. The 24 hours opening facilities will be extended to the whole Ground Floor area during the Revision and Examination Periods of the academic year. The area will be closed for an hour for preparation before reopening every morning. (Click here for the Library opening hours.)
The Library will review the issue of 24 hours opening arrangement continuously to meet the demands of the University community.
|Operation Period of 24 Hours Opening for AY2020/21: 11 September 2020 to 14 May 2021|
Guidelines on 24 Hours Opening
- All eligible users should use their University Identity Cards to enter the Library.
- Library materials should not be taken away from the Library unless they have been properly checked out.
- Please look after your personal belongings. The Library has no responsibility of the safe keeping of any unattended personal belongings.
- Reservation of seats by placing library materials and/or personal belongings on tables and/or seats in the Library is not allowed. The items may be removed as Lost and Found Items by the Security Guard.
- Remember to silence any ringing device and be considerate to keep your voice down at all time. Games are not allowed.
- Food and Beverages are not allowed.
- Please refer to the Library Regulation 3.11 and be a responsible user.
Bad weather arrangement for 24 Hours Opening
- When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted before opening hours, the area will remain closed.
- When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered at or before 12:30 pm, the area will be opened within 2 hours.
- When Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered after 12:30 pm, the area will remain closed. The Library will resume its normal opening hours in the morning on the next day.
- During opening hours, the area will be closed if the Hong Kong Observatory has announced that Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above will be hoisted in 2 hours.
- The area will remain open if Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted during opening hours.
Last update: 19 February 2021