About the Library
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) Library situated at S H Ho Academic Building (Block A) G/F to 2/F was opened in September 2012. Spanning across three floors with a total floor area of 4,000 square metres, the Library, built with the concept of the Learning Commons, serves as a hub of knowledge offering a multitude of information resources, facilities and services to support the teaching, learning and research needs of the University community.
Cutting Edge Design of the Library with Eco-Friendly Bamboo
Providing an eco-friendly environment to students, most of the Library furniture, including study tables, chairs, Service Counters, bookshelf panels and more, are constructed with – BAMBOO. The S H Ho Academic Building (Block A) was also awarded BEAM Plus Platinum Rating from The Hong Kong Green Building Council.
Vision and Mission
To be a leading private university library that advances the success and impact of the community through its innovative services.
The mission of the Library is to advance and support the teaching, learning, and research needs of the University community.
To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
- Develop as a focal point to support teaching and learning through information resources, user’s education and innovative technologies
- Facilitate the research process through connecting users and developing research support services to enable users to create new knowledge
- Adopt advanced technologies to link users and resources to enhance accessibility, delivery and dissemination of information and knowledge
- Create an environment to develop a learning community, to foster collaboration with other parties, and to provide a flexible space that can meet the changing needs of modern higher education
- Build a professional team of librarians to support the development of the University and to provide qualified and responsive services to users
Last update: 31 Aug 2022