Media Creative Space
To support active and blended learning, the Media Creative Space@HSUHK Library is specially designed as an integrated center of facilities provision with a stimulating space for collaboration activities to help develop students as creators.
Located on the 2/F of the Library, the innovative hub contains a space for media production and a video editing area. Students are welcome to make use of the space and equipment to create and develop media objects for their project and assignment needs.
The Room serves as a space for ideation and collaboration work. Students can make use of the Room to produce video footages and recordings. e.g. conduct role-plays and develop presentations for academic needs.
The Room is also available for group viewing of multimedia resources. It is equipped with a 42” LED TV, a Blu-ray disc player (compatible with DVD, VCD and Audio CD).
The Room can be reserved in advance.
Room Booking Policy [Click Here to Book]
|Room Type||Group Viewing Room|
|Maximum Capacity||6 persons|
|Eligible Users||All Students|
|Advanced Booking||2 days in advance|
|Quota||2 hours within 1 day|
Use of the Room
- Based on a unit of 30 minutes per time slot, which starts at 15 minutes and 45 minutes of each hour (e.g. 10:15 am and 10:45 am).
- Users should claim their bookings with their Student Identity Cards via the Library Rooms & Facilities Booking System located at the Service Counters (G/F and 1/F).
- If the room is not claimed 15 minutes after the booking time will be made available to other users.
- If the room is not reserved, it will be made available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal belongings. Any items left unattended in the Room at the end of reservation period shall be removed as the Lost and Found items.
- Unless otherwise approved by the Library, the room is reserved for booking and use by eligible HSUHK members for educational and non-commercial purposes ONLY.
- Library staff reserve the right to enter the room for inspection during users’ reserved sessions whenever needed.
iMac station (x 2)
PC workstation (x 1)
Major software available include:
1. Adobe Creative Cloud
2. Adobe Reader
3. Image Resizer
4. Macromedia Dreamweaver
5. Microsoft Office
6. Open Shot Video Editor
7. PDF XChange
The comprehensive software list can be found below.
The following equipment can be checked out at the Service Counter on the 2/F of the Library. The items can only be used in the Group Viewing Room. Loan priority of the equipment and accessories are given to users who have made reservation in advance of the Group Viewing Room.
|3||Accessories (Rechargeable Battery Pack x 2, SD card and Card Reader)|
|4||LED light and Light stand (x 2)|
Use of Equipment
- Users shall assume full responsibility for the HSUHK Library’s equipment during the checked out period. The equipment will be returned in person to the Service Counter at the 2/F of the Library.
- Users are responsible to examine the condition of the equipment before use. Equipment failure/damage/loss must be reported immediately to the Library staff at the Service Counter. If any equipment is lost or damaged during the checked out period, repair and/or replacement fees will be charged.
- All the production, which is stored in the computer and the storage card, will be deleted permanently after the item is returned. Saving media files in own storage devices before returning the equipment is recommended.
- NEVER leave the equipment and accessories unattended.
- The Library is not responsible for any leakage of personal data or data loss.
Remarks: The above information is subject to revise by The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Library as appropriate without prior notice.
Last update: 9 September 2021