Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)
The Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is a web-based data service that provides access to financial, economic and marketing data.
Who may apply for a WRDS account?
HSUHK faculties and staff are eligible to apply for individual WRDS accounts. In addition, faculty members may also apply for class accounts to be used for teaching purposes. Such accounts are primarily for students associated with a specific class. All students of the same class will share the same username and password and the accounts will expire at the end of the semester. This type of account can accommodate up to 15 concurrent users.
|For first time user|
You must use your HSUHK email account to apply for a WRDS account. The approval is subject to terms and conditions.
You must protect the confidentiality of your WRDS username and password and not to disclose the details nor share them with anyone else.
You must not hold more than one WRDS account.
You must notify WRDS within 30 days of any changes in your affiliation with HSUHK.
Erasure of Data Files – CRSP/Compustat Merged Dataset:
- Library ceased the subscription of Compustat database and its “CRSP/Compustat Merged” dataset on 31 August 2019. According to the database vendor’s license agreement, users are required to erase ALL copies of the data files of CRSP/Compustat Merged dataset by 30 September 2019, including but not limited to copies containing all or part of the data which are in machine-readable form or hardcopy.
Library subscribed datasets available from WRDS
Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP)
- 1925 CRSP stock and indices database
- US CRSP Treasury Daily & Monthly database
- US Ziman Real Estate daily and monthly database
Datasets included in WRDS:
- Bank Regulatory Database
- CBOE Indexes
- Dow Jones
- Fama-French Portfolios and Factors
- FDIC Database Files
- Federal Reserve Bank Reports
- IRI Marketing Factbook
- Penn World Tables
- Philadelphia Stock Exchange
- SEC Disclosure of Order Execution