Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)
The Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is a web-based data service that provides access to financial, economic and marketing data.
Who may apply for a WRDS account?
HSUHK faculties and staff are eligible to apply for individual WRDS accounts. In addition, faculty members may also apply for class accounts to be used for teaching purposes. Such accounts are primarily for students associated with a specific class. All students of the same class will share the same username and password and the accounts will expire at the end of the semester. This type of account can accommodate up to 15 concurrent users.
|For first time user|
You must use your HSUHK email account to apply for a WRDS account. The approval is subject to terms and conditions.
You must protect the confidentiality of your WRDS username and password and not to disclose the details nor share them with anyone else.
You must not hold more than one WRDS account.
You must notify WRDS within 30 days of any changes in your affiliation with HSUHK.
Library subscribed datasets available from WRDS
S & P Compustat
- Compustat North America database
- Compustat Global – ex-North America Database
- Compustat North America historical package
- Back Data Geographic & Industry Segment for active and inactive companies
- Bank Current Annual and Quarterly
- S&P’s filing dates database
Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP)
- 1925 CRSP stock and indices database
- CRSP/Compustat merged database
- US CRSP Treasury Daily & Monthly database
- US Ziman Real Estate daily and monthly database
Datasets included in WRDS:
- Bank Regulatory Database
- CBOE Indexes
- Dow Jones
- Fama-French Portfolios and Factors
- FDIC Database Files
- Federal Reserve Bank Reports
- IRI Marketing Factbook
- Penn World Tables
- Philadelphia Stock Exchange
- SEC Disclosure of Order Execution